The Agassiz Monday Painters Art Show took place Saturday, April 18 on a beautiful summer-like day at the Agassiz United Church. It is remarkable that this year is the 54th anniversary of this group painting together.
Marg Doman was honoured as the featured artist of this year’s show. The subjects of her paintings included a hummingbird which was her first painting. Also, some others depicted trips to the interior and backyard scenes while others were fun to paint still life on Yupo paper.
There were so many talented artists that participated in the show, making it difficult to select the “People’s Choice” for the popular favourites. However, decisions were made.
• First Place: Alexa Chykowski – “On the 5 Mile Trail”
• Second Place: Zidonja Ganert – “Evening Tide”
• Third Place tie: Bob Lounsbury – “City Hall and Pat Macdonald – “Regal Beauty”
The winners of the free draw included:
• Maureen Moulton – painting – “Waterfront, Toronto” donated by S. Pranger
• Shelley Derksen – painting “The Blue Iris” – donated by Anne Brown
• Margaret Wootten – chocolates – donated by L. Anderson
• Nel Schinkel – wine – donated by A. Proteau
The Agassiz Monday Painters appreciated the support from the visitors who attended this annual occasion. This event serves as a gathering place for the community to come together to experience the wonderful world of art while socializing with family and friends. It was so encouraging to hear the accolades of praise and acknowledgment of the artists’ talents. When artists are recognized for their artworks, it inspires them to be continue their passions.