Summer is right around the corner. Tourists will be flocking to a lakeside getaway in Harrison or for a pleasant weekend event in Agassiz or Harrison Mills.
Regardless of what draws people to Agassiz-Harrison, one thing’s for sure – Visitors to Harrison Hot Spring alike will have to handle paid parking once again, effective from Sunday, May 15 to Sep. 15.
The village states pay parking fees help pay for various amenities in the village, including the waterfront, playgrounds and more. Headquartered in Toronto, PRecise ParkLink oversees the paid parking program.
There are four areas where paid parking takes effect in Harrison:
– Zone 1: Four hours max. (St. Alice Street, Hot Springs Road, Esplanade Avenue west of Hot Springs Road)
- $2 for one hour
- $3 for two hours
- $4 or 3 hours
- $5 for 4 hours
– Zone 2: Hourly or Daily Parking (Esplanade Avenue, streets between Esplanade Avenue and Lillooet Aveues, including Maple Street, Chehalis Street and Spruce Street)
- $3 per hour
- $12 per day
– EV Charging Stations: Walnut Avenue and Maple Street
- May 15 to Sept. 15: $7 per hour
- Sept. 16 to May 14: $2 per hour
– 15-minute parking stalls
- Free for up to 15 minutes, along Esplanade Avenue
During the April 4 meeting of the village council, councillors approved the creation of four new 15-minute parking stalls along Esplanade Avenue. These 15-minute stalls will be in effect and enforced all year round.
Additionally, there is one new accessible parking spot on Spruce Street and parking signage near the boat launch.