$50,000 reward for ‘extremely violent’ South Surrey murder suspect renewed

Offer for information on Brandon Teixeira to remain in effect through April, 2020

This coming Wednesday (Oct. 23) will mark two years to the day since reports of gunfire led police to a fatally wounded man at a home on Crescent Road in South Surrey – and, two years since the hunt for a killer began.

This month, as part of continued efforts to locate the man suspected of pulling the trigger, a reward that was first announced in April was renewed.

READ MORE: Homicide investigators announce $55,000 reward for Brandon Teixeira

The $50,000 for information leading to the arrest of 28-year-old Brandon Nathan Teixeira – charged with first-degree murder in connection with the shooting death of Nicholas Khabra – is offered again by Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers and the Bolo Program, and will now remain on the table until April 3, 2020.

The Bolo Program is a non-profit organization that uses social media, advertisements and poster campaigns to boost public awareness about Canada’s most wanted.

In April’s reward announcement – which followed a $5,000 reward offered by the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team in September 2018 – Supt. Donna Richardson had a message for Teixeira: “There is nowhere to go and we will find you sooner or later.

“Do the right thing, contact your lawyer and turn yourself in.”

On Friday, an IHIT spokesperson told Peace Arch News in an emailed statement that the homicide investigation team has received a significant number of tips, “but nothing that has led us to Teixeira’s current whereabouts.

“We believe he could be anywhere and so we’ve cast a wide net by alerting our law enforcement partners within and outside of Canada. And yes, the $55K reward is still active.”

In a tweet this month thanking the Bolo Program and Crime Stoppers, IHIT emphasizes the case remains a priority.

“The search for Brandon Teixeira continues and will not end until he is found,” the tweet states.

Police announced a first-degree murder charge against Teixeira in September 2018, in connection with the Oct. 23, 2017 shooting. It occurred around 2 a.m. near Crescent Road and 36A Avenue. A woman who reported being shot on the same morning is believed to have been with 28-year-old Khabra at the time he was targeted.

Police also confirmed an attempted arrest in the case in September of last year, in the 2700-block of Country Woods Drive in South Surrey.

READ MORE: IHIT seeks ‘extremely violent’ man in connection with 2017 Crescent Road murder

Homicide investigators have previously described Teixeira as “extremely violent” and a “significant” risk to public safety.

He is described as Caucasian, five-foot-10 and weighing 161 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He has a snake tattoo on the left side of his chest and a sleeve tattoo on his left arm.

Anyone who sees him is advised to not approach, but to call 911 immediately.



tholmes@peacearchnews.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

 

Supt. Donna Richardson in April announces a $55,000 reward (including $5,000 offered by IHIT in September 2018) for information leading to the arrest of South Surrey murder suspect Brandon Nathan Teixeira. (File photo)

Brandon Teixeira is wanted Canada-wide for murder, in connection with an October 2017 shooting in South Surrey.

Brandon Teixeira is wanted for murder, in connection with a double-shooting two years ago in South Surrey.

Just Posted

RCMP ask for assistance to find missing Chilliwack man

Raymond Gene Jarvis has been missing since early July

Popkum fire chief urges caution after Saturday rescue from Bridal Veil Falls

11-year-old boy was stable, fire chief Walter Roos said, when delivered to a waiting ambulance

Chilliwack RCMP seeing surge in telephone-based tax scam

Victims are phoned by someone claiming to represent the Canada Revenue Agency, demanding money

Chilliwack Chiefs alum Jordan Kawaguchi named captain of North Dakota Fighting Hawks

The high scoring forward will lead UND into the 2020-21 NCAA Div-1 hockey season

Recent surge in COVID-19 cases not unexpected amid Phase Three of reopening: B.C.’s top doc

Keep circles small, wear masks and be aware of symptoms, Dr. Bonnie Henry says

Baby raccoon rescued from 10-foot deep drainage pipe on Vancouver Island

‘Its cries were loud, pitiful and heartbreaking,’ Saanich animal control officer says

Statistical flaws led to B.C. wolf cull which didn’t save endangered caribou as estimated

Study finds statistical flaws in an influential 2019 report supporting a wolf cull

Surrey’s first Ethics Commissioner brings ‘objectivity’ to the job

Vancouver lawyer Reece Harding is Surrey’s first Ethics Commissioner, also a first for B.C.

Windows broken, racist graffiti left on Okanagan home

Family says nothing like this has happened since they moved to Summerland in 1980s

19 times on 19th birthday: Langley teen goes from crutches to conquering Abby Grind

Kaden Van Buren started at midnight on Saturday. By 3 p.m. he had completed the trek 19 times.

Professional basketball in Canada begins return to action with COVID-19 testing

Abbotsford’s Fraser Valley Bandits, six other CEBL teams arrive in Ontario for Summer Series

B.C. man who went by ‘Doctor Ray Gaglardi’ charged with sex assault of teenage boys

The man, 75, is accused of assaulting teenage boys he met through Coquitlam-area churches

B.C.’s potential deficit $12.5 billion as spending spikes, taxes drop

Finance Minister Carole James gives COVID-19 outlook

Most Read