An evacuation alert has been issued for all properties on Kamp Road.
The District of Kent’s Emergency Operations Centre issued the alert Sunday afternoon, warning that the the Mount Hicks Fire has worsened and is travelling west toward Kamp Road.
The alert was issued “due to potential danger of life and health and based on the forecasted weather conditions that the fire behaviour may increase…”
Evacuation alerts are issued to prepare residents in the event of an order. The alert asks residents to be prepared by
- designating a reunification site outside the evacuation area
- Gathering essential items
- Preparing to move disabled persons or children
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area
- Arranging transportation
- Arranging accommodation if possible
In the event of an evacuation order, the Agassiz Fire Hall will open a reception centre for evacuees.
Updates to come.