Agassiz firefighters were busy on Pioneer Avenue Wednesday night (July 31), after the roof of a shed caught fire during construction.
According to fire chief Gerald Basten, Agassiz Fire was called out to a shed fire on the 6900-block of Pioneer Avenue at 6:10 p.m. Wednesday evening.
Contractors had been replacing the roof of the generator shed earlier in the day. During their work, a fire started underneath the roof membrane and smoldered for about three hours before becoming visible.
Agassiz firefighters were on scene for about an hour dealing with the blaze.
“We had to remove quite a piece of the roof to expose the extension of the fire,” Basten said. “It actually burnt a hole through into the inside of the generator shed.”