Unfortunately timed rainfall has rendered the Manning Park Nordic trails ungroomable for the coming weekend, park officials said in a Friday afternoon tweet.
An early season snowfall led Manning Park Resort to announce the opening of their Nordic Centre early, on November 21 and 22.
The Nordic Centre will still be opening on weekends only, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., until there is enough snow to open midweek. Tickets and rentals do not have to be bought in advance, instead all tickets, rentals and lessons will be sold at the centre.
Nordic trails important information (from Manning Park Resort):
- Use of groomed trails requires a ticket – Tickets must be visible at all times on the trail. Backcountry trails do not require a ticket.
- Please do not walk or snowshoe on groomed trails – See Nordic Staff for information on designated snowshoe and walking trails.
- If travel is absolutely necessary on the trails please walk to the extreme right or left of the track, and not down the centre.
- Dogs are not permitted on groomed ski trails – The only exception to this rule is Beaver Pond Multi-Use Trail. Pets are permitted on snowshoe and backcountry trails. Please ensure that dogs are leashed at all times.
- Always check posted trail conditions.
- Ski in the indicated direction and obey all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails.
- Always ski to the right when meeting on-coming skiers and when skiing on a double track.
- Yield the track to faster skiers and skiers calling “track”.
- Ski in control. On two-way trails descending skiers have the right-of-way.
- Do not litter. Please take out what you pack in and respect all property.
- Report all incidents.
- Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible to others. Move off the track quickly if you fall or during rest stops.
– With files from Adam Louis
Do you have something to add to this story, or something else we should report on? Email: