Volunteers are the heart and soul of Agassiz-Harrison Community Services’ mission which is to work with the communities of Agassiz and Harrison Hot Springs providing programs and services which are not provided by other agencies and are classified as Social Services.
Last year, volunteers logged thousands of hours making a difference. Every single day volunteers are making a tangible contribution to our communities.
Going into a new year, Agassiz-Harrison Community Services (AHCS) continues to rely on volunteers to provide quality services and programs to the community.
There are many opportunities for individuals to volunteer; we are currently seeking volunteers for the following programs:
• Better At Home- volunteers provide friendly visits for seniors
• Income Tax Prep – volunteers who can help clients with income tax preparation
• Thrift Store – volunteers for receiving and sorting donations, setting up and reorganizing displays, helping customers and assisting with general tasks
• Food Bank – volunteers who would like to help in the food bank performing a variety of tasks
• General Volunteers – volunteers who would like to volunteer in a variety of activities from special events to administrative support
If you have some extra time and you don’t know what to do… consider volunteering with AHCS. If you are looking to gain unpaid work experience…. consider volunteering with AHCS. If you are looking to gain new skills… consider volunteering with AHCS. And if you’re just looking to have fun… consider volunteering with Agassiz-Harrison Community Services.