• Aaron Moran, artist in residence at the Ranger Station, has a show called Excavations running now until July 2. See more information on page 11.
• Pet Day at Kilby Historic Site on Saturday, June 9. Every pet is welcome for a service that starts at 11:30 a.m., including a blessing by a priest. Remember the leash!
• A Garden Party and Art Show is being held at the garden of Allen and Joan Vogstad at 6187 Lougheed Highway on Saturday, June 9 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Agassiz All Storage has organized a garage sale to benefit the Youth Inclusion Program on Saturday, June 9, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Yale Historic Site is holding its Strawberry Tea on Sunday, June 10, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., with black powder demonstrations, a historical Masonic parade and special meeting, live entertainment, games of chance, raffles, a bake sale and a barbecue fundraiser. For more information, phone 604-863-2324.
• The Agassiz Farmer’s Market runs every Thursday now until September 26, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Aberdeen parking lot at 7167 Pioneer Avenue, Agassiz, featuring fresh local produce and many other products.
• Sasquatch Days are back, with celebrations throughout the day on June 9 and 10 in Harrison Hot Springs, including war canoe races, salmon barbecue, artisans, drumming, sasquatch talks, dances, games and more.
• Black Powder Days at Kilby is on Sunday, June 17, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Features Trader’s Row, knife and tomahawk demos, cowboy action shows, fiddling and storytelling and wooden toy crafts. Phone 604-796-9576 for more information
• Potluck dinner for Metis of Agassiz, Chilliwack and Hope on June 16 at 5 p.m. at 45555 Knight Road in Chilliwack. For information phone Bill at 778-883-6654.
The List highlights current arts, culture and entertainment events, from Chilliwack to Hope. To be listed, visit us online at www.ahobserver.com and enter the information in our new community calender, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.