Despite being in the thick of respiratory illness season, Agassiz-Harrison residents find themselves relatively COVID-free.
The B.C Centre of Disease Control (BCCDC) recorded just two new cases from the beginning of October to Nov. 5. The year-to-date total is 256 cases. For comparison, there were 368 cases of COVID-19 at this time last year.
As of Sunday, Nov. 13, 79 per cent of all Agassiz-Harrison residents have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. The full, available data breaks down like this:
- First dose, ages 5 to 11: 35 per cent
- Second dose, ages 5 +: 79 per cent
- Second dose, ages 18 +: 85 per cent
- Second dose, 12 to 17: 64 per cent
- Second dose, 18 to 49: 77 per cent
- Second dose, 50 +: 90 per cent
- Third dose, 18 to 49: 35 per cent
- Third dose, 50+: 74 per cent
- Third dose, 70+: 86 per cent
- Fourth dose, 70 +: 71 per cent