Questions for Electoral District of Kent mayoral candidate:
1. What two qualities make you suited for a leadership role?
2. What is the biggest challenge facing the District of Kent and how do you plan to address it?
3. How will you work to make decisions that best reflect the will of your community?
4. As more development is proposed across the Fraser Valley, it’s possible ALR land in the District of Kent could become vulnerable to re-zoning. How will you approach designating, protecting and potentially re-zoning ALR land?
1. Love for this community. Volunteering and serving in different capacities on boards and organizations.
2. Supporting and strengthening local business, looking for increased access to health services. Keeping the community sustainable while maintaining taxes at the lowest level in the Fraser Valley.
3. Listening and talking with residents and organizations.
4. Some lands in the ALR have been designated as Residential Reserve ince 2001 and have withstood rigorous reviews and remain as such in the Official Community Plan. Previous councils have been very supportive of infilling in the community, particularly on Highway 9 and Morrow Road. When councils make decisions it isn’t based on what we as individuals want, but what we believe is in the long-term best interest for the community as a whole [and] what will keep us a thriving , healthy community.